Thursday, January 20, 2011

In Case of Emergency...


So tonight as I was doing laundry I opened the dryer and began to pull the girls' clothes out when I noticed something. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING had orange spots, streaks, stains on it! I immediately began to panic! What on earth was on their clothes! And @#*&%! New clothes, cute clothes, old clothes, tons and tons of clothes fit into my HE washer and dryer. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Low and behold the culprit...an orange crayon was melted all over the dryer. I quickly rushed to the computer and googled what to do and there are several recipes of a concoction of detergents to get crayon out of clothes. Of course did I have all of the detergent stuff, no! So I did what any panicked mom would do, pack up the kids (Jason is out of town) and head to the store. So with both girls in pajamas in tow...we went to Walgreens (not braving Walmart) and bought tons of detergent. Two and half hours later on the sanitize cycle, almost all of the clothes were clean!!!!! Only four things did not make it. I am over the moon happy and wanted to share the recipe of detergents in case of emergency!

2 max full caps of Tide with Acti-Lift
1 max full cap of liquid Oxiclean
1 Tide stain booster tab
1 max full cap Clorox 2
1 Oxiclean booster tab
and 1 magic eraser for the dryer

I know it sounds like overkill...and I'm not sure if just the Tide would have worked but my clean clothes are proof that the concoction worked!!

PS. I will be checking pockets from now on :)

1 comment: