Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday Memories


This will most likely turn into silly things Addison says...she has been saying some funny things lately.

1. As we said our bedtime prayers the other night we prayed for our long list of people like we always do and when we got to baby Kasey (Chris and Lauren's new baby due in August) Addison asked how Kasey was going to come out of Lauren's tummy. My immediate response the doctor is going to take her out, hoping that this would satisfy her and we would not have to get into details about babies yet. But of course this did not satisfy her..."How does the doctor take the baby out?" This time I froze and as I thought about what I was going to say Addison came up with her own answer. "I think Lauren's tummy is going to crack open like an egg and Kasey will come out!" Sure I said not saying yes or no to her in my mind. We'll save this talk for a later date. That's for sure!

2. Addison has been asking A LOT of questions about dying lately. Really trying to understand it and comprehend the meaning of it I guess. She knows that when you get old you die. She has been asking about all the "old" people in our life and are they dying soon and going to Heaven? The other day as she was playing with Hunter our dog she asked if he was old. Yes I said not thinking. This upset her because Hunter is her best friend. I tried to reassure her that it was not Hunter's time yet and he would be with us for several more years. That seemed to help but then she said, "I am going to love on Hunter because when you love on someone it makes them little again." So very true! My Addison is one smart cookie!

3. With questions of death...come questions of the afterlife. She wants to know everything. Where does Jesus live? She knows Heaven but the girl wants details! What kind of house? What kind of car does he drive? and so on...She also wants to know what's your number? How old are you? When I told her my number was 32 she made a face like I was ancient. Then she asked me if I was older than God? Very nice!

...and I cannot forget my sweet Ashley!!

1. Ashley Grace is becoming a walker. She is unsteady on her feet but will walk about 70% of the time.

2. Ashley can says several words: Mama, Dada, Night Night, Bye-Bye and the word for everything else is: up ah or Opa! Really can't figure it out but she says it all the time. Maybe one day we will know what it means!

1 comment:

  1. "if you are older than God" - ha!! too funny! loved seeing pictures of your girls on here. they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete