Monday, August 16, 2010

Tough Week Ahead


So as I sit here and write this it is 12:56am and I report back to work tomorrow at 7:30am. Of course I can't sleep because: 1. Still on summer schedule, 2. My mind is racing with my to do list and 3. The guilt I feel about going back to work tomorrow. I am one of the lucky ones and once again will be only part time this year BUT...my babies will be going to school full-time. What?!? I know right. Why on earth are they going to school full-time if you will be home? We were fortunate enough to have both girls accepted into the ELA in Spring ISD where I teach. Both girls must be there everyday in order to participate in the program. I am thrilled that they got and yet at the same time so sad. I will miss them terribly.

Since I have been through both perspectives as a full-time working mom and a stay at home mom...I feel and know I will be missing precious moments with my girls. I plan to be involved at their school and maybe even a homeroom mom but it will not take away the guilt I am currently feeling. I know Addison will truly love going to school everyday. She is a busy girl and needs to be stimulated and challenged constantly. I am worried though because last year she did have some separation issues at drop off but a year older might be all the difference. Ashley on the other hand is a momma's girl. I have carried her on my hip all summer, snuggled with her and given into those brown eyes. I am really afraid we will have issues.

This will also be a hard week for me as my school was renovated over the summer and we had to completely move out. I will be spending the week in meetings, trying to unpack, set up a classroom by Friday and leave at a decent time to see my kids.

I pray for strength, smooth tranistions and peace this week. Here's to a new school year and wishing it was May already!

1 comment:

  1. Praying that all goes well! Let me know if you need anything~

    ReplyDelete